Thursday, February 08, 2007

BloG QuesTions...

How easy has it been to set up your Independent Study blog and to get used to posting things on it? Were you given enough support in doing it? What other help would have been useful
Setting up the blog was simple as we did these blogs last year in year 12 so I was use to it. We were told to post on a regular with the work we have been doing. We didn’t get much support as it was our own work but it would have been useful if the teachers check the blogs and actually read what we have written. Given us some positive feed back in to how we could improve our work.

How did the blog help with your research? Did the blog motivate you to do more and better research? How? Why?

The blog did help me to do my research as I didn’t have sheets and sheets of research from the internet. Knowing me I would have lost it all. It did kind of motivate me to do my work as it gave me a chance to see how much work everybody else in the class is doing. It also allowed the teachers to keep on eye on whether we were doing.

Is it useful having all the Independent Study/blog tasks posted on the Macguffin blog? Does it make it more likely that you will get them done?
Having the tasks on the blog was good as sometimes we forget to write them down and do them. Then we have no excuse saying we haven’t done it. It lets us know how much work we need to do.

How often (honestly!) do you check the Macguffin blog? (Remember, it should be at least twice/week)
I check it whenever I can. Usually we have work for media.

Has it been useful being able to see and access everyone else’s research and planning through their blogs?
Yes it has been useful as you can see how much work everyone is doing. But mostly I use to check other people’s blog to see if they have done the homework lol.

How do you feel about the fact that your teacher can keep a close check on your progress through accessing your blog? Is it too intrusive and controlling or is it encouraging and supportive?
I think that its good that the teacher checks the blog. It encourages the class to do their work. If they didn’t check the work then no one will do it and most people will get away with copying other people’s work.

How useful have the comments been that you received from…a. Macguffin, b. other students.
Well I don’t really remember getting any comments from ‘Macguffin’, it was good getting comments from other students as they can elaborate on your ideas.

How has the blog helped with your essay planning? How useful was the blog when it came to writing the essay? Do you think your first draft is better because you have used a blog?
I think having the blog made the independent study much easier. Since months before we actually had to write the essay Mr bush and Mr Munroe made us write our first paragraphs and stuff. So I just copied and pasted stuff from my blog and added it to. It made everything easier as the planning was done previously.

How would you evaluate the quality of your blog? What could you have done better?
My blog is ok could have been better if I added more research on it about lesbians itself as I focused too much on the actual show. It would have made everything much easier for me.

Do you think you will get a better final grade for your independent study through having used a blogs?
Ye probs, since I put effort into the blog.

Which are the best three blogs? Why?
Ermm.. Most people’s blogs were good, but I could probs say that Bush’s and Sherish’s was good. They put so much research on their blog and it was very detailed which showed they had good knowledge about their text. Erm.. Rass, Kavita and Rajan

Do you think next year’s Year 13s would benefit from setting up an Independent Study blog?
Ye its good

Are there any negative aspects to preparing for an Independent Study using a blog?
The fact that sometimes its sooo slow and I cnt get into it.

What could be done to improve teaching and/or learning in future through blogs?
They could actually check the blogs and sit with the students and give them constructive criticism on how they can improve it.

Overall, are you pleased that we used blogs? Has it been interesting and enjoyable? Why? Why not?
Ye its been good. Lets us be creative at the same time. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home